Marriage License and Civil Ceremonies
Worcester County, MD
• Hours for applying are 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Only the bride or groom need apply. The fee for a marriage license application is $35.00, CASH only, no checks accepted. You will need to show a drivers license or birth certificate for both the bride and groom. No blood test is required. We need to have Social Security numbers for both.
• You must be married in Worcester County, if you obtain your license in this county.
• You must wait until after 6:00 a.m. on the second calendar day after you apply for the license before you can be married.
• The license is valid for six months from the date of issue.
• If either party is divorced, we need documentation of same, please bring papers with you. If bride resumes her maiden name, we will need to see documentation of same.
• If either of you have a deceased spouse, you will need to know the date and place of death.
• If under 18, please call for information.
The address is: Office of Clerk of Circuit Court - 1 West Market Street Room